Control Sound Via Movement
Become An Instrument
Make your movements audible and become music yourself with the SOMI-1 motion sensor wearables for sound control.
SOMI-1 can be used with any MIDI capable software or hardware, as well as with the SOMI-1 smartphone app for iOS and Android.
The Music Wearables
SOMI-1 is a highly precise sensor technology that provides performers, musicians and creators the opportunity of making music via movements. It consists of Bluetooth® motion sensors, a receiver hub and a smartphone app (as possible sound source). The sensors can be worn as wearables on the wrists and ankles, turning the user into an instrument.
Motion Sensor MIDI Controller
The SOMI-1 motion sensors measure movements and accelerations in different directions and transform them into sound parameter in real-time.
The motion data of the SOMI-1 sensors is received wirelessly via Bluetooth® 5 by the SOMI-1 hub, that connects to your music software, hardware or smartphone app via USB or TRS-MIDI.
- 7 different movement parameters per sensor
- Up to 6 sensors simultaneously
- Wireless via Bluetooth® 5
- Low latency under 10ms (no perceivable delay)
- High Precision (ca. 0.01 degrees)
- Range up to 50 meters (164 feet)
- MIDI Interface (USB MIDI, TRS MIDI, MIDI Host)
- Connectivity to music software & hardware
- Button to pause sensors
- Encoder to adjust sensitivity
- MIDI Note & MIDI CC signals
- Adjustable MIDI channel & MIDI index values
- Direct implementation in music software (no extra software needed)
SOMI-1 smartphone app:
- Several different sound presets
- No need of additional software or hardware
- UI for easy usage without musical or technical pre-knowledge